Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Shimano XC60 Review.

I've been riding Mavic Chasm shoes, the same pair, for 3 years now. Since then I have tested maybe 9 pairs of shoes, none of which seemed to be any better than the old beat up shoes that I have, until now. The Shimano xc60, just now shipping are everything I've wanted. Great fit, super light, super tough. The main thing I like about these shoes is the toe box protection. My main complaint with the Chasm, and almost any other mtb shoe is that there is no protection from rocks or stubbing your toe, or braking toe nails. The xc60 have superior protection, almost like a steel toed boot for your toes. The shoe is designed perfectly to maximize comfort and stiffness...like how carbon frames are vertically compliant/laterally stiff.



The materials are super durable, very easy to wash, and have a lifespan of what most shimano shoes have...forever.

These things weigh in at 367 grams for the 44. They are 9 grams less than the Fury($350) and 30 grams less than my chasms($240).

You can't beat the price either. The xc60 cost $240 retail which is a really good price for a really light, well fitting carbon soled shoe. It is also available in wide(E) sizes.

Email me this week if you want a pair, super cheap.



Down the road I may pick up a set of these insoles. Custom arch and you can customized either foot independently.



Selling lots of ZIPP! Please consider a locally owned, racer owned bicycle store when making your purchases, you'll get a better deal.

2 comments:

  1. You said that XC60 Shimano shoes are also availble in wide sizes (I have Morton's neuroma and can't afford to lateral pressure in metatarsal area). How can I know if the shoes are Wide or not? There are some digit in the code of the shoes?

    ReplyDelete