Monday, October 31, 2011

BC#3

Boss Cross is known as the best racing series in KC. Joe/Jeremy always put on a good event. The course they put together at the Raytown/BMX track is the best/unique course ever. MO State champs/bc#4 will be there too.


Got to the venue about 25 minutes before the start of the ss race. Decided to race it, figured it would be good to get 40 minutes of course riding in before the open race. Kent and I road together the first lap, I was trying to get him to slow down the whole time, a sub 7 minute lap would have us doing 6 laps while a 7+minute lap would have us doing 5 laps. Not sure if we ended up doing 6 or 5 but I was really hungry by the end of the race. Kent won easily. I pedaled easy, probably using my brakes two times each lap, getting 2nd. By the end of the race I was starving. Forgetting to eat sucks. I had a good dinner, quality wise, but not quantity, plus a little more to drink than usualy. Breakfast was a small piece of banana bread and lunch didn't exist. These are things I need to think about. Eating.




I had an espresso shot right before the open race. There were some talent at this one. I felt pretty good. The first half of the lap, Smith, Me, and Travis stayed together, when Joe S. caught us, he attacked with just Smith and me with him. I stayed with them for 2 laps, just the 3 of us. We had maybe a 40 second gap after 2 laps. Then, I got hungry and couldn't pedal. Coe/Mills/Specialized dude caught me, Mills and Coe were going back and forth, finally Coe dug in on the back straight away and I couldn't keep up. When you get dropped like that, you feel so bad, and you can't keep going 100% of the time, so I got caught by Bill, stayed with him for a little while, then dropped my chain and later road off the course. Then Travis caught me and dropped me pretty quick. I was in no mans land. I was hoping Travis would catch Bill and they would cat/mouse there way the last 3 laps and I could catch them, instead, Bill and Travis were hauling the whole time with Travis winning the sprint. Kyle S. ended up catching me with 2 to go. I tried to hang on, but had nothing left in my legs. Hopefully Racing 100 minutes in a span of 120 minutes gets me ready for Tulsa and IOWA.


Thing about disc brakes. Not only do they add 4 lbs of weight to your bike, they also don't work! So sick of hearing about them.

"Weekend conditions showed weakness in CX disc where they should shine: pads wore out in 2 laps + heavy drag from mud & sand in pad/rotor." Follow
Van Dessel.

No comments:

Post a Comment