Sunday, July 26, 2009

Grass Track Champs

Grass Track Champs today. I fell on my mtn. bike out at Minor Park on Sat and hurt my leg so I didn't do the 1k time trials. They were still very fun to watch.

The Cat 4 Mass Start race had 11 racers. 24 laps, about 8 miles. Laps were very fast and it was hot out. Shadd Smith was riding strong and with 12 to go it was down to 3 of us, then with 10 to go he put the hammer down and road away, I sat up since I saw my teammate Nate coming along and he joined our 2 man chase group. Nate pulled for the remainder of the 9 laps and before the final turn our companion attacked and got on his wheel, but didn't have the gears or legs to get around him by the finish line so Nate and I got 3rd and 4th. Nate also got 3 medals between the tt's and mass start so plenty of hardware was to be respected. Lots of people showed up and the event was truly a hit. Even the news people were there. (video on the right side.)

Some pics here thanks to friends in attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment