Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cabin Fever Wheel Deal Riding Indoors

I haven't trained indoors and don't plan on it.  It's been a long time since I put in anytime riding indoors, 4 years ago when my 1st born was an infant.  I feel that riding indoors messes me up in a variety of ways, and I can only guess that it can affect others in the same way.

There is no wind indoors, no road resistance, no varying gradient, nothing to see, nowhere to go, etc.

I can definitely get someone wanting to do a 20 minute spin, or a cool down, or a warm up before going outside, but these 60+ minute efforts with actual resistance freaks me out. My first problem with riding indoors, is it is never as hard effort wise as going outside....people make the argument that with a power meter and heart rate they can replicate the effort needed to accomplish a real workout on the bike...what I think this does is gives the rider a false sense of accomplishment so that the next time they are actually riding outdoors, they may not push themselves as hard as they should, knowing there "hard" workout indoors the previous day.

Of course, this is just my opinion, It's mine and no one else's....everyone has different plans and training different ways effect them differently....this is probably why you need to hire COACH to help you figure all this out.  Different stresses, different lifestyles, different goals, different abilities all mean that the crap you are reading in bicycling magazine probably isn't your best bet at reaching your full potential this season.


Having written off riding indoors, I haven't really put in a good ride since STREETCRED 1.   It's been a while and my legs are starting to feel like absolute bricks.  When I laid down to sleep last night I had the feeling I had completed a 100 mile ride that day, just really tired legs even though they didn't ride at all.   THE RACE OF THE YEAR happens soon, on a Sunday.  You don't want to miss it.




New Wheel Deal.

Enve 25, 45, or 65 tubulars, white industry silver hubs, cx-ray silver spokes.  $1500.  Clinchers $1590.

add $225 for king hubs, add $200 for tune superlight hubs, add $250 for dt 180 hubs.


also got reynolds sdv 66mm tubular rims to build to white industry hubs for $1200.

No comments:

Post a Comment