Monday, November 7, 2011

BLVD. Cup

Got to the venue about 50 minutes before the start. A few people joked that I was early, and I was...

Found my bikes, got registered and watched a few minutes of the 3/4 race. 46 starters. A lot. Keck got 3rd.

I road aroud a little, but didn't get a warm up in like I should have.


The course was open, with little room for recovery. The only real technical spot was this small bank along the road. Up and down, up and down, all off camber, just went on forever.

26 starters in the open race. A good size field for a local race.

I got a descent start, and kept my 4th position for the first 2 laps I believe. Then I started slipping a little. Just lost my power and was breathing pretty hard. No time on the bike all week.



There was a sand section at the end of this long charge around a baseball field. It took me by surprise the first lap, I had no idea it was there, got through it fine each lap, except with 4 or 5 to go had a crashed rider right in front of me, lost a little time.



With 3 to go Coe and I were together with Marshall chasing. We went through the barriers and Coe crashed, he did not finish, though I heard he is ok, just bruised. Thats his first dnf ever I believe.

Without Coe, I new I need to pedal hard the last 2 laps to hold off Marshall and keep my 6th place $40 paying spot. I did. I road pretty conservative through the technical spots and sprinted the open charging areas.

Good beer for free afterwards. The blvd. cup was once again a well promoted race.

My brother got married on Saturday, thus my absence from the 360 cup. Here's a little jewel from the reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment