Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The best bag

I used a hydration pack for the first time for the gravel worlds race.  I chose the lezyne adroit.  It's huge, but very light.  Holds 100oz of water, or 3 liters.  Refilling it was easy at the rest stops.  It's got tons of space for tons of stuff. The best feature, are the pockets on the belt strap. I was a little worried about how I was going to grab food out of the bag while riding, but these little pockets could hold plenty.  3 clif bars, or 5 gu's, you get 2 pockets at your hips, that's easily 40 miles worth of food.




By the time I had the whole thing packed for a 150 mile ride, I still had room for a change of clothes.   You can get these 1/2 off the msrp at only one place.

Having not used any other hydration pack, I don't have a lot to compare it to.  I saw some dudes with big ones like mine, they didn't have many straps, and were all over the place.  This thing gets tight and secure with just a few adjustments.  The water stays cool thanks to material between the riders back and the reservoir too.


Buy this bag and ride your bike a long ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment