Sunday, December 25, 2011

#Rapha500 Day 3. 44.4 miles.

Didn't plan on riding much today. Stomach is bad. I ate 3 muffins before my day 2 ride. Found out today that those were fiber1 muffins, the whole ride on day 2 felt like I had a bomb go off in my stomach, its even worse now.

I started west, found a new road, some dirt, went for a while. Then hit the highway, went north on some dirt. I planned on making a right turn eventually, but there never was a turn. Ended up riding some nasty gravel for 15 miles to finally find some smooth dirt to ride back east. Then the highway back home for the last 5 miles or so.

This gravel was really bad for 23mm tires and 36 spokes. Had I had 56 spokes and 27s I'd been much more comfortable.

This was some pretty smooth gravel.


2 roads now I have ridden miles, 10-15 without any turns to find a dead end with 2 barbed wire fences right next to a major highway. I got my shoes pretty muddy on day 2 once I hopped the 2nd fence.


Here's the fences. Pretty tall.



No comments:

Post a Comment