Saturday, August 27, 2011

Cross racing

I was hoping to race this weekend, but since wednesday there has been gunk coming out of my nose and pain from my head and throat. I haven't raced since July 4th weekend which is a huge bummer. My weight is still on the high side. 173 this morning. I need to get a little more fit than this, I thought being sick for a week would help, but it hasn't, abstaining from alcohol hasn't helped either. Guess I need to start exercising more. A few customers do crossfit. LIKE THIS. I'm thinking of giving it a try. Just no time right now.


Built up my single speed cx bike. Tried doing a magic gear of 43/18 on computer its supposed to work but there is a little slack in the chain. Tried all the gears up there, 43/19 too tight, 42/19 too loose, no way to win, maybe go down to 36/15 or something, will have to reconfigure.


Might plan on going to gateway cross cup. click here. Its a wednesday, which kind of sucks, but I hope to go. Single speed race pays out a good amount of money so it could be worth the trip.


We got in over 40 tubular cx tires, bunch of fangos and grifos. 34 and 30mm tires are $45 each. I would recommend them. If you are racing uci elite races(cat1 or pro) then get 32s, but I'd recommend 34s for most people. If you want to go really fast, buy some tufo flexus tires, 700x32, 300 grams each, $75 each.

2 comments:

  1. Minute for minute, if you're not riding your bike, the next best thing you can do is run, especiallly for cross. Leave the house, run up to Roanoke park, run a lap around the park, then run home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do crossfit and love it! I did it this last winter and it really helped my power, speed and general fitness level. I could totally tell a difference this year. I just started back with crossfit this fall to help with cyclocross. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

    ReplyDelete