Saturday, May 23, 2009

Snake Alley


Matt and I both registered the day of which meant we got the last call up. We are in the back of a field of 70 riders. The start went fast, turn, straight up a hill, then the cobbles of snake alley.

We were able to move up and were both in the top 30 after two laps.

We were both going strong, even in the pouring rain.

Negotiating the corners on the descent was tough since everyone was throwing caution to the wind. As we made it to the bottom the field was strung out single file. It stayed like that for a while.

I kept making up spots going up the hill but losing it going down.



The snake alley race was unlike any race I have ever seen. You hate it and love it all at the same time. Today seemed more dangerous than most with all the rain. We were covered with dirt by the end of the race and felt horrible. After coffee/soda/recovery drink/milk I felt better.

Got 34th in the race. I am not sure how that is unless the judges scored some lapped riders ahead of me. Either way, I was out of the money and didn't care..just glad to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment