Monday, March 9, 2009

Dam Race

Weather said 50 and sunny...for some reason I though that meant I didn't need to bring leg warmers but the sun never came out and the wind was well...windy. Thankfully Brian Williams of 360 hooked me up with some white flare to go with my black socks and shorts.

The race went well for the most part...a lot of us were a little confused since the officials combined the 3's with the 1/2's...without asking the 1/2's to identify themselves at the start. I didn't have any teammates with me, so I tried to do a little work for the 360 guys when I could (they are in KC too)...ended with 3rd for the 3's and 5th overall...there were a ton of attacks and I stayed at the front as much as possible covering...actually hoping a cat1 would go off and I could get a free ride but that would never stick...last lap came around and we had two guys off the front...I had to push it to get them back...I kept looking back wandering where all those 360 guys were and they were politely sitting in working for Andy Lucas and everyone else seemed tired...Adam Mills kept making some little attacks, trying to get Smelser or Jason to get out of position but I think for the most part everyone knew he was working for Bill Marshall. It seemed a lot of the racers that started got shelled off with all the attacks...I remember looking back on the 3rd climb wandering where everyone was.

...the finish seemed like forever...a Cat1 attacked and soon the other Cat1's went and only two of us 3's were able to go (probably 800 meters of climbing before the finish) Andy Lucas and a fast climber from vt were behind me, Andy passed me but I held off everyone else while keeping it in the big ring.

Very fun race, and once again, very windy.

No comments:

Post a Comment